Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Client to NW Server Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcassidy

Technical User
Jan 11, 2001
US
Using two Citrix servers with Client 4.9SP2, I am trying to connect to a NetWare 5.1 SP5 server.

When clicking on the drive mapping, the operation times out for 20 seconds, then my connection gets dropped and automatically reconnected showing the directory content.

I can then browse a directory or two deep before my connection gets dropped yet again, but then I receive a message that the "Directory Name is Invalid".

If I actually make it to a file, I can sometimes open one or two files (not large) before I get "File or path does not exist".

I have 15 NetWare servers and this is the only server this occurs on and it occurs on all three volumes.

I have tested this from 10 different workstations, including 5 Citrix servers with numerous accounts.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

check the slp setup on the citrix server
obviously it will not be dhcp so your normal 78 and 79 options will not be applied

specify them manually in the client config
and verify with a slpinfo /all command and make sure it's not multicasting

i assume there are no nasty hard coded mappings and they are all proper netware scripted mappings?

is that the current sp for 5.1 (sorry not used 5 .x for years so not up to date on levels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back