Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix Client, Excel 97 Printing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawajones

MIS
May 31, 2001
US
I am having a peculiar issue with Excel 97. I recently upgraded several computers at a remote office to the Citrix Client version 6.01.963. All of the systems are running Windows 95.

A few of the users are trying to print some files in Excel now and receiving an error that the margins do not fit the page. Also after going to print preview, Excel is putting a page break in at each row.

The peculiar thing is that the same users can log into different systems and the files are just fine. It seems to be some interaction between the Citrix client installed on certain computers and Excel. I have 2 servers in my farm and Excel is effected the same way on both servers. 3 of 6 computers in this location are experiencing the problem. The other 3 computers are working fine.

I've also been seeing other little strange anomalies in MS Office, all seeming to involve Excel and I know there is something that needs to be addressed at the server level it seems. I have one user trying to run a mail merge in Word pulling data from Excel and everytime it crashes Word. I also have another user trying to print using print macros in an Excel file that wants to debug the Macro, but this user can log into a different computer in the office and run the Macros just fine.

Oh... and my servers are running TSE 4.0, MetaFrame 1.8 SP1. I'm wondering about installing MF SP2, but don't know if that is going to address the issue at all. I have made no recent changes to the server, but can say that in two of the cases the Citrix Client being used is the one mentioned above. I've tried installing different clients on the systems and continue having the same problem. Anyone have any insight?
(JJ)Jawa Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back