Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix client disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

rninow

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2007
US
At HUD we use the Citrix WEB client for users that telework over the internet. Recently there have been several users that are experiencing disconnects from their Citrix desktop and they may or may not be able to connect to their session. The vast majority of the client workstations are using Windows XP, either SP1 or SP2 as these workstations are personal systems not HUD issue.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yep... use Teamlinks from Imera.com VERY easy to use and install. Try the free demo (not crippled). I have been using it for about 4 months now. I use it to work with remote teams on web application development but it is also an easy solution for remote workers. The remote desktop functionality has the best responsiveness I have ever seen. Can also be setup to record everything if you have a need for it. Every thing is encrypted. Also has voice, whiteboard, multi-user desktop viewing, file transfer, and more. Have not had a chance to try everything out but so far its work’n great for us. No firewall reconfiguration headaches either!

I would say download the client on a remote computer and one on the internal network. Sign up for the trial account and see how responsive it is in comparison to your current setup. At a minimum, you get a performance comparison. If you have problems with both systems, it may not be a client issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back