Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix CCE certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfranklin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know a good training provider in the UK for the Citrix CCE certification?

Also, if anyone has this certification, how much did it cost you and how long did it take to complete?

Regards,

John Franklin

Do you mean: CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator) or CCEA (Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator).

CCA = 1 exam (course takes about 3 days)
CCEA = 4 exams (3 core exams and 1 elective) and you must already have CCA. Course takes about 3 days.

I do not know in the UK what the prices are but in the Netherlands, you pay about 1300 euro's for a CCA course and about 115 euro for the exam. Same goes for CCEA (1 course of 3 days for the core subjects and 1 course for the elective) but 4x 115 euro for the exams. If you are able to obtain the course books and you are able to get some example exams (boson has them, but I do not fancy them) then you must be able to take the exams without following any course. Experience in the field is a must have then.

I'm sorry, but I cannot help you about the UK course institutes. Maybe somebody else can.

Yes sorry I mean the CCA ..

so you are saying you could be certified within a week or two?

John Franklin

CCA ? Definately. 1 week should do if you are already an experienced administrator and you can study enough. But this is very person-independent. An easy exam for one person can be a horrible difficult exam for another...

CCEA ? A collegue of my managed to do the four exams on 1 day.

Illuvatar,

Thanks man! you are very helpful.

I am starting my MCSA/MCSE course now but I have Citrix Metaframe XP running on our network, which I installed, set up and administrate, so this certification will be something for me.

Regards,

John Franklin.

CCA shouldn't be a problem then... but... don't underestimate it! You also need to know a great deal about Windows 2000 and it's security and administration issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back