Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix App Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netmynder

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2005
US
We are running Citrix Metaframe XP and have an application that many people pull up to clock in and clock out. The problem is people leave this app up all day and we would like to have the app time out after 15 minutes or so and require them to pull the app up as needed.

I've searched everywhere and cannot find a way to do this, has anyone ever needed this or found a way to do it?

I know about the timeout settings in Connection Config but I need something PER APP, not global.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

what about the time out settings per user in active directory for terminal services?? if citrix is set to "inherit user config" then surely the settings from active directoty would time out after a certain period of inactivity and disconnect or end the session (depending on what you specify in AD)

thats all i could come up with... dont know of anything per app though??

good luck
James

Just dealt with this problem. It turned out to be the screensaver settings on our server and needed to be changed within each user's Citrix session profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back