Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citirix Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey7244521

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
US
I Have a Server 2003 box that has had Citrix installed and working for many years. We had to upgrade from SQL2000 to SQL2008 and due to versions i could not perform the upgrad, so i had to uninstall and reinstall. After doing so i found that our datastore was located in the model database, which could not be brought up to latest version of SQL. So i uninstalled and reinstalled Citrix and chose to use an access database as the Datastore since we have a very small environment i did not think this to be a big deal, after uninstall and reinstall, i am now getting Event ID 9017 & 9018 Citrix Presentation Server cannot contact the license server localhost. I have re-allocated, re-downloaded all license files with same results, any help would be appreciated.

check your farm settings for the License server and make sure you can get to the license server. If the license server is in fact the local host, you will need to have the license server installed on the same server. Also note that some version of the license server when upgrading parts of Citrix will also require a updgrade to the license server.

If the license server is on a different server than what is listed put in the correct server name and make sure you can telnet to the license server on the configured license server port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back