Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISP compliancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

posknowitall

Technical User
Dec 2, 2005
US
Is there any reason that Windows 95/98 terminals in an Aloha system would not be Cisp compliant??

Aloha CISP compliancy is part of the software not the operating system.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

There are two parts to CISP (PCI-DSS), PABP and PCI. PABP is an application level certification. As Bo stated (albeit slightly modified), PABP is specific to the software and not the operating system. PCI on the other hand, deals with merchant and data center compliancy and here the operating system can make a difference. Win 95/98 can be made PCI compliant but it does add a little more complexity, particularly when dealing with the "applying most recent security patches" section. This is an area where "compensating controls" may have to be used - like a secure gateway and/or third party intrusion detection software.

Steve Sommers
-- Creators of $$$ ON THE NET(tm) payment processing services

Blog:

ok, I think I have it. Is there anywhere I can go to get simplified step-by-step instructions to get an Aloha system fully compliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back