Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ciso Call Handler question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2002
US
Hello,
I have a Unity 5.0 Build 5.0(1) voicemail system and it is “married” to call manager version 6.1.2.1000-13.

I have the Unity Server in San Jose. Several sites share this one Unity server and all of these sites have their own voicemail pilot number. For example, let’s say San Jose has a pilot # of 111-1111, Salt Lake City has a pilot # of 222-2222, and Portland has a pilot # of 333-3333, and so on. In the call manager, I have these pilot numbers in there only as voicemail pilots (They aren’t built as CTI route points or anything else, just pilots). These pilot points have a correct CSS on them and all are nicely forwarding to the 32 ports on the Unity box.
When a user from any of the sites presses their MESSAGES button on their phone, the “enter you password, followed by pound” greeting works great.
If any user at any site wants to call the pilot number from the outside world to check there voicemail from home, they call the DID for that pilot. For example, a San Jose user would call (area code)-111-1111. When users from any site call their specific DID VM pilot for that site, all calls go to one ‘generic’ automatic attendant “Opening Greeting” call handler shared by all sites. If the caller presses 0 right away, the call goes to an operator at the San Jose site. Good for San Jose users, but not good for Salt Lake and Portland users. If Portland and Salt Lake users call their specific DID pilot # and press 0, they want to get THEIR sites operator, not the San Jose operator.
So I built a new call handler to test called “Salt Lake Opening Greeting” and built a new “Salt Lake Operator” call handler as well. In the new Salt Lake operator call handler I set the caller input when a user presses 0 to go to the specific subscriber considered that sites operator. In the extension of the “Salt Lake Opening Greeting” call handler I entered extension 222-2222. I then went to the call routing rules and entered in BOTH the Direct Calls as well as the Forwarded Calls routing rules, a new rule with only the DNIS populated with222-2222, and that when 222-2222 was dialed, it would go to the new “Salt Lake Opening Greeting” call handler. I tried calling 222-2222 both from internal and external phones. The new Salt Lake Opening Greeting call handler picked up and I pressed 0 and it went to the correct operator for that site. Great!
Then 5 minutes later I got a call from that operator that whenever anyone at that site was at their phone and wanted to press the MESSAGES button to check their messages, you know what I’m going to say next---their push of the MESSAGES button took them to the new “Salt Lake Opening Greeting” call handler, not the “enter your password, followed by pound” like they should hear.

So I removed the routing rules for now and that is where I’m stuck.
--When a user presses their MESSAGES key to check messages, is that considered a Direct Call or a Forwarded Call to Unity? Whichever it is considered, I’ll know that I shouldn’t put a rule in that route (Direct or Forwarded?) to point to the directory handler.
--I need it so that if someone dials the VM pilot DID from the outside ((area code)-222-2222), it goes to the appropriate call handler opening greeting for that site, and if users from a different site dial the internal number of 222-2222 I need it to also go to the same call handler. However users AT Salt Lake if they dial 222-2222 or press their MESSAGES button, I need it to go to the greeting as if they need to check their VM, “enter your password, followed by pound.” Is this do-able?
--Do I need to make any changes to the default call handler where all choices are set at “any” and they go to the generic opening greeting call handler?
--Am I able to do this, or will I just need to create a new call handler below the generic opening greeting call handler and when any user at any site presses 0, it goes to this new call handler I’d create that says “To call the Portland operator, press 1, to call the Salt Lake operator, press 2”, etc. I’d rather not have to do that though. It would be best if any user at any site can call that sites DID VM pilot #, press 0, and the call goes to that sites operator.
Suggestions?
Thanks very much.

Only suggestion I could give would to post this in an appropriate forum/newsgroup! This one is dedicated to users of MS Access, a database development program!

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back