Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CiscoWorks2000 Installation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cissy

Technical User
Oct 27, 2000
NL
Hi y'all,

I've been installing CiscoWorks 2000 on a Ultra Enterprise 220 with Solaris 2.6 (Yes WITH the new patch bundle :p)

Everything seems to go right except at the end. I get the following error :
Installation of <CSCOjre> was successful.
application CSCOjre Java Runtime Environment 1.1.6

ERROR: Package verification failed : CSCOjre aborting.

Finished: Fri Oct 27 23:33:25 MET DST 2000

Software Install Tool Completed.

= Errors Encountered -===================
ERROR: garbled entry
WARNING: Patch 105490-05 is OBSOLETE by a newer patch.
ERROR: Package verification failed : CSCOjre aborting.

I've tried to reinstall a couple of times now
but it keeps giving me this error.
can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Are you still having this problem? We are getting the same thing under Solaris 2.7 on a E3K. Can't seem to get past this part of the installation.

The solaris cluster patch contains the patch 106292-09, which must be backed out for CW2K to install properly.

In the installation docs is a note not to install patch 106292-03 or 05, I forget, but any version of 106292-XX will cause the install to fail.

1. The 105490 obsoleted by the another patch 107733.
2. When upgrade 107733. Make sure all the package of the 107733 is patch to the sytems.

If you are able to patch all package of the 107733(SUNWarc, SUNWtool, SUNWcsu, SUNWhea, SUNWosdem, SUNWtoo and SUNWxcu4 and SUNWcsr) into the system. You should be able to install the Ciscowork 2000.

Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back