Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Wireless: Ìmplementation guideline and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1T15H

Technical User
Oct 27, 2011
MU
Dear all,

First things first: I am novice in the field of cisco wireless, and managed Cisco wireless architecture (controller, thin APs), though I am conversant with the same technology with Ruckus, and have already a 10-AP managed Ruckus environment at a client.

I am now required to propose and implement a Cisco wireless environment with the following equipment:
2 x (Express Bundle of Cisco WLC 2504, 2 1700 series Access Points, 25 AP licenses. )
7 x Cisco 1530 series outdoor access points.

I am planning to use the two 2504 WLCs in an HA setup at the main site, along with three 1700 and seven 1530 access points.
On remote site, I am planning one 1700 series.

The network is flat, will be on same VLAN as the current LAN network. The remote site will be on another network.
I did not really need a secondary 2504 WLC but the bundle price seems very advantageous in terms of price, hence using it as HA.

My doubts:
1. Can I use the two 2504 in HA mode ? Any license or other implications ?
2. Is it recommended to use, if available, the inbuilt DHCP server on the WLC or a windows DHCP server in this specific setup?
3. Do access points 1700 and 1530 include PoE injector or do I need to purchase it separately ?
4. Any special precautions, or advise for AP deployment across private WAN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back