Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN software and Multi User Profile Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo09

MIS
May 21, 2009
IE
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with connections to a "Head Office" using Cisco VPN remote access software as the client.

We use Certificate Authentication for all users currently connecting remotly.

I have a Laptop with multiple user's logging on to it, with all user's needed to use the remote access function.

The issue i'm having is when i issue/install a certificate for a user under his windows login and connect it works fine. if i then login as another user and repeat the process of issuing/installing the certificate, it again works fantastic. Now the issue arises, by logging back in as the first user i issued/installed it states that i cannot use the certificate currently installed "pointing to the second user's certificate". So i thought ok, i will re select the right one and i get an error and cannot connect again until i redo the Issue/Install steps from before.

Now by doing this i cause the other user to get the error trying to connect.

The way i'm getting around it is redoing the cert again for any user that currently has the laptop, as its shared between a few people.

Is there anyway i can make all the users connect using the VPN client without redoing anything after the initial setup off every user.

Thankyou in advance, any help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back