Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VPN Client Ver 4.6.03.0021 - IP Sec Link will not Intialize

Status
Not open for further replies.

telco101

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
I'm trying to connect to a private network using a laptop w/ Windows XP Pro Ver 2002 SP3 and Cisco VPN Client installed on it. When I click on connection entry and attempt to connect to Host, it shows, "Intializing the connection" and then times out after a few seconds. It never connects.

I'm able to ping the DNS successfully from laptop.

Using a desktop with the same OS/SP3 installed on it, I'm able to connect to the network successfully using the same version of Cisco VPN Client.

This leads me to believe that something is not set correctly on the laptop?

Can someone assist me in resolving this issue? It would be greatly appreciated.

Have you compared the settings with the working one?

Burt

Yes. I've compared the Cisco VPN settings on both machines and they appear to be identical.

Windows Firewall? Try sniffing the line (Wireshark) on both machines to verify the correct ports are open (compare ports on working machine with non-working machine---if the output is different, then you have a firewall issue).

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back