Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VoIP to Nortel 5520

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnlisa

MIS
May 9, 2007
US
I have Cisco / Nortel hybrid network utilizing all Cisco VoIP phones on Cisco switches (3750's & 3560's). I have several spare Nortel 5520's that I would like to use as VoIP switches in remote facilities. I am having a difficult time getting my Cisco phones to register via the 5520. I have setup untag pvid only on applicable ports and can ping the CUCM from switch.

On your Cisco switches, the switches (probably) communicate the VOICE VLANID to the phones via CDP.
The Nortel switches don't support this.
I've never done Cisco phones on Nortel switches, so I don't know the answer, but you need to somehow get the phones to learn the VOICE VLAN ID.
You might be able to use LLDP on the Nortel switches to do this, or you might have to use Option? in DHCP on the untagged VLAN.
Obviously the Nortel switch port config has to be Data VLAN untagged, Voice VLAN tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back