Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VOIP system, Cisco cannot find the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnsgranny

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2018
US
Cisco VoIP system Cisco 4321 router. I got this job in December and from what I understand, they have been having this problem since the system was installed in 2016. I don't have any installation information. I just know that every other day or so when someone answers a phone all of sudden the caller on the other end cannot hear us. We can hear them but they cannot hear us. I was told when this happens to go to the router and unplug the Ethernet cable that goes from the router to the switch and plug it back in. This resets it until the next time. I have seen this problem with modems and firewalls getting hung up and having to go reset it but not so often. They have made numerous service tickets with Cisco and have changed out the router, just did recently, and they cannot find what is causing this. They keep telling me that I must call them when it happens and they can look at it. The problem with that is it takes the company down. We can't just leave the phone lines down while I get connected to them and do the webinar, get logged in and meanwhile our customers cannot call in. So we just keep resetting it. Can't they look at the logs if I put down the exact times? Is there a program I can hook up to something to monitor and I can see what is causing this? It reminds me of the hub days when the crashes would happen and you had to reset the hub.

It's a bit unfair to say that Cisco can't find your problem if you won't let them access the system in a fault condition.

What basic troubleshooting have you applied?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I realize that that is a handicap that they can't see it while it is doing it but there should be a log somewhere that shows it doing it shouldn't there be?

Wireshark is your friend.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, OpenScape Xpressions, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back