Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco VoIP & Bogen Paging Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtNittany

Technical User
Nov 11, 2004
US
We recently purchased the necessary Bogen Equipment (TPU15A & TAMB) to integrate our Cisco VoIP 7960's phones to a Sound Management overhead sound system. We are using a 2651 router and Call Mgr 4.1.3(SR2). My questions concerns the directions I have that call for the use of an FXO Port. We have 8 phone lines coming in on the FXO's and do not want to sacrifice an FXO for Paging. Ideally, we would like to use an FXS which is not being used on the router. Is there an advantage to either FXO or FXS and is there any documentation on the CM/Router set up to use an FXS Port for Paging?? Thanks

Check and see if the Bogen supports an ATA186 adaptor for paging? This would allow you to assign it an extension, and when it rings the Bogen picks up and broadcasts the voice over the speakers.

This is of course theoretical, but it's how we set up paging in the past with a different manufacturer's paging system.

A Bogen TAMB requires an FXS port anyway, and will not work with an FXO. If you have an FXS port in the router this should work just fine, otherwise an ATA device as suggested by jpm121 will also work - this is what we use to hook up our Bogen units.

With the ATA186, can I connect ata186 into PCMTIM module of the PCM2000. Or do I need to connect the ata186 to Bogen TAMB and TAMB into PCM2000? I have multiple paging zones. I heard the TAMB don't support multiple zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back