Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Unity: Transfer out to non subscriber extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2001
US
i have recently inherited a cisco callmanager 4 with a unity 4 system and am finding myself somewhat challenged. Basically the site relies on an auto attendant to handle all incoming calls. The auto attd lives on the unity. I was asked to allow outside callers to be able to dial into through the auto attd and then transfer to a conference room phone. As hard as I looked I could not find a way to get the call to transfer without identifying the extension as a subscriber in unity. Is there really no way to get unity to pass a call back to callmanager without a subscriber profile??

You can build a CallHandler with the extension of the Conference Room phone and set it to ring the extension. That does not use up a Subscriber license. Unity will not transfer a call to a number that it doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back