Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Unity message forwarding configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddx4

Technical User
Aug 9, 2007
US
I have Cisco Unity Voicemail (version 8.5) and have questions about general configuration.

Are we able to change some default configs in Unity, pertaining to forwarding messages to another user's VM box? Specifically, the default method of forwarding is by searching for the recipient by name, or dialing ## to fwd by extension number. I'd like the extension number to be the default method. Seems like it would be able change this.

Thanks for any help!

If you are asking for this on a long term basis you can program the cisco Unity subscriber to have an alternate extension, like if you wanted extension A to recieve voicemail for ext.B you will need to add extension B as an alternate extension on Subscriber A. Also you cannot create a mailbox for extension B or you will get an error message.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, but not quite what I was looking for. What I need is for whenever anybody in our company wants to fwd a message to a coworker, I'd like to get rid of the "enter the recipients name" option and make it "enter the recipients extension number..." I realize that you can do this by dialing ##, but I'd like it to default to asking for an extension number. Any ideas as to how to achieve this?

You can edit this by going to a user, edit -> Send Message Settings, and then change the drop down. I take it you want to do it for everyone so you would want to use the BAT tool I believe.

Perfect, that's what I was looking for!! Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back