Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Unity Connection Sign-In - Multiple Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrew

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
Where do I give the user an option to attempt entering their ID again?

CALL FLOW:
[ul]
[li]Users calls Unity Connection pilot number[/li]
[li]Opening Greeting Plays[/li]
[li]User presses *[/li]
[li]Caller Input of * sends caller to 'Sign-In'[/li]
[li]User types in ***unknown*** ID on accident[/li]
[li]System plays message "This system is temporarily unable to complete your call"[/li]
[/ul]

Note: I understand how to increase password attempts, but I am not sure about the ID.

System Settings/ Authentication rules/[default] Recommended Voice mail authentication rule/ if you didn't create a rule yourself.

uncheck the box for trivial passwords. check for trivial passwords often ends up making users pull their hair out trying to remember if they used used special characters in their password which typing it on the phone pad confuses them. Also under users/individual user/voice mail password settings. uncheck user must change at next login. This will put the user directly to the setup prompts to setup their voice mail.

Also recommended that you go to Advanced/Conversations & scroll down to find "Request Entry of User ID after failed PIN entry from known extension. You want to UNCHECK this, as it will drive your users nuts bouncing them back & forth between nearly identical prompts differing only in the word "PIN" versus "ID" - users typically do not listen closely and the prompt being nearly identical will run them in circles.

We were constantly getting password reset requests before we unchecked this option.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back