Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco unity connection cluster licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

preetss

Technical User
Oct 11, 2009
US
I have two CUC clusters, both are digitally networked. One cluster has 200 licenses and other cluster has 2 licenses, does it mean it has whole 202 licenses for whole CUC network??
Can we use that 200 licenses in another cluster??

Since licenses are tied to the server mac address, I believe that if one cluster has 200 hundred and the other has 2, that is how it is distributed. Digitally networked means you can pass vm calls from one to the other.
Unity has a feature that you can use licenses across networked clusters so I would think that UCnx does as well.
However they need to be ordered that way.

How License Pooling Works

If total utilization across all the networked Cisco Unity servers does not exceed total licenses for the feature, the
Whykap : I investigated on this topic and found some information which is License pooling

Cisco Unity server is in compliance with licensing restrictions. For example, suppose two Cisco Unity servers each have 500 licenses for subscribers. With license pooling, one of the servers can use 501 or more licenses as long as the total used by both servers does not exceed 1,000.

License pooling requires that the Cisco Unity servers share the same corporate directory, which stores the license pooling information each server publishes as an attachment to the Location object. Because the pooling information is replicated to other server locations, each Cisco Unity server has the license pooling information it needs to monitor license usage in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back