Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Unified Communications Manager & and Cisco Unity training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
My company will have a Cisco phone system very soon. I would like to go to training for CUCM and unity. I searched for the threads and someone recommend

Have anyone taken Cisco phone system at Global knowledge? Can you share your experience?
I took some Nortel Classes and it was good, nothing really special. It was at Richardson,TX location.

I am also looking for the latest Cisco book but they do not have v6.0 yet

Thank you,

Global knowledge is a good bet so is unitek

there are some classes that teach a combo for unity and Call manager

Your best bet is to take one for cm and one for unity

I have taken 6 classes in the last year through Global Knowledge. I was very impressed with the instructors that they have. Also, you might want to take the ACCMU class for your first step to understanding the call mananger and unity.

I have to agree with the last post. I took the ACCMU class in Jan specifically for CUCM 6.0/Unity 5X. It was well designed, the labs and the instructor were great.

I also took class for Nortel in Richardson, TX back in the day.

The ACCMU is a hybrid of several Global Knowledge classes just for administration of CUCM and Unity. 5 day class touching the basics.

Are these classes any PBX person could go to and understand? or do you need a good working knowledge of CCNA?

The GK class has requirements listed on their website for the ACCMU class. They are:
Prerequisites
Basic knowledge of the Windows 2000 operating system, TCP/IP, and IP telephony concepts is required. No router experience is required. You do not need to know Cisco's router command line interface. Some knowledge of IP is helpful, but it is not required.

It really is a great class if you need to know the basics on the Administration of CUCM and Unity. I was a PBX tech for a call center, 3 Nortel 81's back in the day. This class was enough for me to handle MAC-D, basic call routing and voicemail. It's 3 days for CM and 2 days for VM.

Good luck and HTH.

egrinkin, Which location where you took your ACCMU classes?

Does this training only give you the administration knowledge only?

ACCMU is administration, basic IPT deployment and design, set up and maintenance.

Here's the link to the course info:

I took the class in Morristown, NJ. The instructor I had was Dennis Hartmann. He was great. A total dork, but really funny and knew this stuff like the back of his hand.

Good luck and HTH.

Jack!!! I'm not there now, at an engineering firm. I LOVE it here. OCC was CRAZY!

Still with Nextira/BB?

Hello!!!
still at BB
shoot me an e-mail
would love to circle back and catch up

I was looking to get some training on the Call Manager 4.2 and found a class for : "CCMBA - Cisco Call Manager Basic Administration v6"

How different are the 4.2 vs 6 versions?

TOTALLY different! The platform was redesigned. You need to take the class that is for the version you are/will be using.

Major changes include the route plans, hunt programming, BARS changes, mobile connect PLUS 6.X is Linux based, not windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back