Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco to Avaya VDN on-net call - after announcement can not be heard both directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyanne06

Technical User
Jan 19, 2009
US
Hi All- I need some help, please. We have recently been acquired by a company using Cisco CUCM 9.2 and we use Avaya (Aura 6.2); both company's have multiple help-desk type offices internationally.
We are connected by H.323 ISDN lines.
Direct on-net Cisco/Avaya extension to extension calls are working fine.
The problem happens when Cisco VDN is forwarded to an Avaya DID VDN⇒vector with announcements to skilled agent. The calls get to the agent but can't be heard in either direction. This happens even with music- I can only get it to work if I send directly to skilled agent.
The trace looks like it should be working correctly:
vect_903_1_zotm00.png

We updated our codex set for the ip-network-region to include G.711 for the Cisco calls to hear the announcements.
codex_1_aeomas.png

The one thing I noticed during testing was the ring-back normally heard before agent picks up could not be heard by the cisco call.

We have created work a around that send the calls through Cisco VDN to POTS line to the Avaya VDN of the other office for the helpdesk calls.
I appreciate any help--
Becky

in the call manager h323 trunk, is the media termination point otion checked? If not, check it and test it again

Thanks for the info. The media termination point is checked; any other suggestions.
media_term_checked_guo6jx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back