Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco SPA 508G IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajntek

Programmer
Oct 22, 2003
US
I am having a disagreement between a techncian and customer regarding the requirements for these phones. They have 508G IP sets and have analog lines punched down on the block. The lines are ported to their T1 circuit that is connected to an Adtran router. They have a Dell Powerconnect 3324 and a Baystack 2021. The only other equipment on site is a Norstar 6X16. The T1 provider can see traffic on the lines when an outbound call is made. Inbound calls to these lines do not ring on their IP phones, but you can call out on these phones. It is my understanding, based on other installs that they need some sort of voice interface to allow these lines to ring in on their phones. I thought they would need a router with FX ports on it to connect the lines to, or an Avaya Comm Mgr. I am just trying to verify if there is voice capability in the Dell Powerconnect 3324, or if additional equipment is needed, and if so what equipment they will need. The customer claims they have the same set up at other locations and it works, but she is not technical and may not be aware of additional hardware at these other locations. Anybody familiar with the Dell Powerconnect 3324 and it's capability/requirements?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ajNtek
[ponytails]

Is no one familiar with this equipment?

ajNtek
[ponytails]

my question was with the equipment listed above is it possible to activate the lines on the ip phones or do you need a Cisco router with vic cards or some other interface. Should I have posted this in a different section?

ajNtek
[ponytails]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back