Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco RVS4000 IPSec VPN Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarstenJHilton

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2006
US
Hello All,
First I would like to say thanks for any help guiding me through this process. Now for the nitty gritty of the deal. I recently purchased a Cisco RVS4000 router off ebay to set up a quick VPN. Nothing fancy, this is a personal project. Anywho, so I have the router online and I can get out just fine, and I can pull up my web page fine remotely. So reaching the router externally and going out are no problem.

I have set the IPSec VPN up trying to follow the Cisco docs but seem to be hitting a brick wall. I have my users set up, I have created my IPSec tunnel but when I try to connect via VPN I get "The Remote Gateway Is Not Responding". I can see on the Summary page where I am coming in trying to connect so It is reaching the router, just can't finish the hand shake. My Local Group section seems to be fine, and I have narrowed it down to the Remote Group Setup section. This is where I get a little confused.

Here is a quick mock up of what I have:

Local Group Setup
Local Security Gateway Type: IP Only
IP Address: 71.195.X.X
Local Security Group: Subnet
IP Address: 10.0.74.0
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

-------------------------------- (Problem area that I need help with)
Remote Group Setup
Remote Security Gateway Type: IP Only
IP Adrees: (Made up IP) What do I need to put here?
Remote Security Group Type: Subnet
IP Address: (Made up IP) What do I need to put here as well?
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Again, thanks in advance,

Karsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back