Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Router VPN Server using Inside Global IP Addy, possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloeagle

Technical User
Aug 19, 2005
US
I have a customer that wants to use their Cisco 2621XM router as a VPN Server so their VPN Clients can connect to their private network. I have configured this scenario before at other customer sites on routers, and on our own companies PIX.

Everytime I have configured the Cisco device I have always used the Global OUTSIDE IP address for the VPN client to connect to.

But, this particular customer is using a Sprint T1, and Sprint does not route any packets destined for the Outside Global IP addresses. Sprint only routes packets destined for the assigned Global INSIDE IP Addy range.

So, How do I configure the Cisco router to endpoint a VPN tunnel to an IP address that is not physically assigned to the physical interface to which the tunnel packets are first arriving at?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back