Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Router to PIX 515E VPN Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildik

MIS
Sep 2, 2003
US
Question that needs some reading... pretty interesting problem

This guy wants a VPN tunnel setup to my network which has a pix (6.3). He wants to route his FTP traffic to a internal host on my network using a NON RFC1918 ( he says he cant use it )

what hes telling me to do is create a SITE to Site tunnel from his router to my PIX (which does use RFC1918 natted private ranges internally ), then wants me to create a static mapping for public to private ip to my internal ftp server and he would route his ftp traffic over the vpn tunnel to the external statically mapped to internal ftp server on my network.

Questions are as follows:
1) That ftp traffic would be on the same outside interface on the PIX, the PIX security features forces traffic to pass from one interface to another. So this traffic would not be able to reach the ftp server from his network ?

2) Has anyone ever created a VPN tunnel with no NONAT and match access lists for site to site tunnels on a PIX?

3) Is this even possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back