Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO Router dialing delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahsood

MIS
Jun 28, 2009
PK
Hi i have tied 02 nortel PBX using CISCO router E1 connectivity. When i dial from one site to other it has 5 sec. delay to complete call. The cisco guy setup`d trace on both router. The other router sendsout digit to PBX after 5 second, I dont know whay it is waiting??? IS it waiting for more digit?? can i configure both router for 04 digit only so that both could out signals to PBX after getting 4 digits???

What function is the router providing, apart from routing?
Can you show us the configs?
Are you sure the digits are actually being *sent* when you think they are?

Hi. We are using router to use data and as well as to connect both nortel PBX using E1 card of CISCO router(2800 series router). At both site router call trace capture i get dialout number but the other site router waits 5 or 7 seconds to start communication with Nortel PBX and vice versa. I have also thread798-1565093 in cs1000/nortel forum. I think router is waiting for dial timer. I also check by connecting bothe PBX throug E1 directly (without cisco router) and there is no dial tone or delay calls are OK. CISCO guy says he has set digit lenght 4 (we have 4 digit ext). Please note that when i press # at the end of ext call goes through withpout any delay through router. Is there any setting in CISCO router to put # at the end of 4 digit ext automatically so that we can cover dealy? or other setting in router to skip delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back