Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Router Deny List Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scm7kag

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
GB
Hi,

Bit of a novice when it comes to router configuration, but when I wish to stop a client pc accessing the outside world i use the command:

deny ip host 152.232.x.x any

What command would i use to block a specific client ip address from access the port that msn messenger uses?

And what command would I use to block a client from accessing a specific ip in the outside world?

access-list 101 deny tcp host 152.232.x.x any eq msn_port
access-list 101 deny ip host 152.232.x.x host x.x.x.x

Replace "tcp" with "udp" (or just add another list entry) if necessary. I don't know which protocol msn uses.

Also note that the standard access list which you have will be numbered 1-99. Blocking destinations and ports requires extended acl's numbered 100-199.

MSN doesnt use a specific port, it like other instant messengers are almost trojan like. It has the ability to use port 80 if none of the other ports are open. If you run a recent version of IOS you can impliment NBAR. Just do a search on cisco on NBAR for configuration docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back