Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco router 7120

Status
Not open for further replies.

csps6789

MIS
Jan 3, 2005
US
I am upgrade my company network and have hit a wall. Hopefully someone here can help. I have Cisco 1720 router with class A subnet. The router 1720 which has Two WIC card installed and a single ethernet 0. The e0 is connected to 3Com switch. I just purchased a Cisco PIX 515E. In order to config PIX, PIX needs 2 different subnets. All the desktop connection is on the same subnets now. I think this may be the solutions, but I am not sure if anyone can help.
Here is my solution:
1) Router 1720 e0 IP 10.0.1.2
2) PIX public 10.0.2.2
3) PIX private 10.0.1.3 ( I don't know it works or not, I think I may need 10.0.3.2)
4) PIX private connect to 3 Com Switch
5) Have all the desktop to reboot and have new ip address
6) What should I do for the router? Router 1720 is config all nat to 10.0.1.X, What do I need to change the NAT or whateles I have to change? Also, the desktop G/W is point to the router e0. That's what I don't know!

Thanks for the help

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back