Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO Router 2600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedals

MIS
Jan 7, 2002
GB
Can someone help!

I have a CISCO 2600 Router connected to a CISCO Switch, I have configured this as a VLAN router.

Every few days the Router stops communicating via IP but I am able to connect to the console. If I reboot the router the router starts communicating again.

Thanks

Pedals, you probably have a duff IOS version loaded on the router. If you have access to cisco.com check out the bug navigator for your IOS release. If you dont, then enable console logging, and save the output to a capture file. You may (or may not) get some error messages indicating problems before the IP connectivity fails.

Or, before rebooting the router check the log, (sh log), the Ethernet interface, what state is it in, sh mem to see if its run out of I/O RAM.

If you see any errors post em up, may give a clue to the problem.

routerman,

I do not have access to Cisco.com, however the memory seems fine, I have configured the syslog and the only message received is as follows:

%AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: FastEthernet0/1 transmit error

I have set the FastEthernet to Duplex Auto speed 100, this does not seems to make any difference.

Also note the router only ever seems to look connectivity on a Monday, at present there is only on server on the VLan which is not heavily used.

Thanks

Pedals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back