Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco PIX Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeglor

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
US
Where do you get the downloads of the ACLs that are stated in the manual? Could find em on the Cisco site. Also, does anyone know how to creat an acl from the telnet command line when accessing the firewall? Trying to open ports for smtp, ssl, www, and ftp.

I don't know sir...I guess its broke.

Usually it's done at the console level config. port forwarding is pretty easy to do on a pic, as long as you got detailed information about what goes where.

There realy are configuration docs on the cisco web site, but assuming your pix is setup to pass traffic already, ie; you have the statics, routes, and nat statements in place, adding acls is pretty easy.
access-list outside permit tcp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2 eq any
This will let 1.1.1.1 do any tcp connection to 2.2.2.2
of cours, you have to apply the access list to a group, but we dont have room for all that here, like i said, if it is setup to pass traffic already and you just want to add a new rule, that is the format. If you use host, you dont need a mask, if you want to allow a subnet, it is 1.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 sort of a format. Version 6.3 allows you to build groups of services and networks and use them in rules, which saves a lot of typing.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back