Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco pix 515E and IPV6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewire

Technical User
Apr 6, 2011
GR
Hello.Cisco pix 515E support ipv6?And if yes, from which version and above?Thanks.

Hmmm. Good question.

So I've got to ask. What is the 515e used for??

I know the 525 /535 will support IPv6. I think this started around version 7.x into the final version of v8.04.

Funny, I took my Pix offline about 6 months ago because I could not get anyone to work with me to get IPv6 to work. I know I am doing something wrong, but everyone I actually got to talk to wanted specific information like internal IP addresses, Passwords to all my routers. You know too much info can't possibly be a good thing. (And these guys were from Russia) I've been hacked into within 1 day of putting my website online and the person was trying to break my front door down. The first guy was from Russia and he 2nd guy was from China. Go figure.

Anyway....
I am running dual stack on the Pix and IPv4 works fine. I just can't seem to pass IPv6 packets. I'm sure it's a configuration issue. It's back online so I will work with it tonight. In my case, it's a pain to remove a router and replace with the Pix. Anyway. There are tons of PDFs on Cisco's website regarding the Pix, but, not too much in detail about IPv6. I wish I could see a sample working configuration with at least 3 different networks (security levels) going through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back