Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO PIX 506e Firewall 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumplesteelskin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
I need to have the inside interface and the outside interface on the same sub net. Is this possible? My network is setup has a point-to-point connection with site who setup network.

I am sure you can do this, but I don't know how. You should do a search at cisco.com

It is what it is!!

I know you cannot do this in a router and suspect the same for a firewall. I have never tried to do this on a firewall. Anyway I believe it would defeat the purpose. Explain why this has to happen with more detail and I'm sure someone on this great site can answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

You cannot do this currently with the PIX. This feature will be available in PIX OS 7.x - Transparent Firewalling. This is where the PIX does not operate in Routed mode; i.e. it doesn't have interface addresses (it has a management address obviously).

Have a look on CCO for details.

Andy

I need to have the interfaces on the same subnet due to current network configuration. My site has a point to point T1 connection to main domain site. The network is configured with public IP Addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back