Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco phone directories Missed calls, Received calls to add digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulakeno

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

How I can add the digit 9 on the missed calls and received calls on the directories of a Cisco 7965 so that user can just scroll to a number with 9 in front and then dial it. Right now it is only showing the caller id of the people who called. I have a CUCM 6.1.

Thanks

I saw a doc on Ciscos' site on how to do this but at the time it seemed more trouble than it was worth. You can very easily open the missed call then hit editdial and add the 9 that way.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

You could just create a TP with the leading digit being the areas code i.e 01!, 071 and then route out however this method means that user can also just dial PSTN without the access code. OR does your cluster span more then one coutry i.e do you have a single PSTN access code ? Under the Service Parms ISDN or look for " subscriber" as a text field or National you will see 3 options subscriber, National and International - you can add the leading digit 9 or what ever your PSTN code is- CCM will then automatically add the PSTN code for all incoming calls

Not sure how your system is set up but you may want to keep this in mind. If the 9 is automatically added...will it add them to internal calls also?? If it does...then you will not be able to redial an internal number using the "missed call" method. That is...if you are using 9 as an access code to get outside. Just something to think about.

The 9 is only added via the Service Parms on MGCP type calls or H323. The other method via the TP obviously if you have internal DN`s beginning with the 1st digit of any incoming external number i.e 0 then it will cause problems

iptuser,

Is the programming to add the 9 done on the call manager or on the gateway? Incoming calls are MGCP calls.

Thanks for all your help.

It is based upon either MGCP or H323- there are two sections independent from each other - but it is ALL MGCP or ALL H323. You can do the add 9 prefix on a per GW using translation Patterns in CUCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back