Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Phone 7970

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbitta

Technical User
Jul 10, 2006
JM
Hi there

I have a problem with 7970 phone where it will seem to reset for no apparent reason the lights down the side will
light up all at the same time and the screen will go blank. If the user is on the phone at the time they will not be able to speak to the person on the other end of the phone, they get a message on the screen saying CM Down features disabled, other phones on the call manager have done the same thing however they are all 7970 phones.

Hope somone can help thanks

So does this happen only when they are on the phone?
If so do you use external power for the 7970s?
I was wandering if the users bump the power brick enough to disconnect it and reset the phone.

I would start by changing the phone load for the 7970's to the latest and see if the issue goes away.
I have seen this behaviour caused by phone loads repeateadly.

I have tried changing the phone and exactly the same thing occurs. The phone does not have seperate power so there is no chance of the power being nudged, it is powered by the same rj45 network cable, this can happen at anytime whether the 7970 is idle or in use.

My suggestion was to change the phone load (Upgrade the firmware) on the 7970's.
Since this is happening to all your 7970's it is obviously not a defective phone issue.

I wiil let you know how I get on with this

I have tried upgrading the firmware on 4 of the 7970 phones from 7-0-3 to 8-3-3 this seemed ok, however one of them has reset again it came back up a lot quicker this time and did not have the message it was getting before the upgrade.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back