Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Networking Academy Program (Netcad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minue

Technical User
Dec 30, 2005
IT
Hello Guys
Does anyone knows how to register with the cisco online Academy for CCNP?When I was doing my CCNA I was a register student,studying with a Non-profit school.The course material I think is the best for studying.So I would really like to use the online CCNP Curriculum as my study material.I find the other CCNP material a bit hard to digest.Does cisco sells the material or is it only reserve for the online course.
Thanks in advance

Minue,

You need to find a Cisco Academy that offers CCNP and then sign up for class (and pay any cost associated with those classes).

Then that Academy will use your Cisco Academy ID and enroll you so that you can see the curriculum for that class.

To see the curriculum you must be signed up and "in" a class or be an alumni who has already finished that level!

Hope that helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Hello CiscoGuy33
Thanks for the help!I was hoping there was a way to get only the corse material.I was lucky with the CCNA to find a non-profit group that offered the course for free.But for the CCNP it's impossible.Well I will cross my fingers and use the Cisco press material.
Thanks again

Minue,

WE ALL WOULD LIKE FREE ACCESS :)

Even instructors in the Academy do not get access to all the other stuff taught in Cisco Academies ! We did at one time when some of the courses came out but that was a long while ago.

For those that have NOT taken Cisco Academy classes - the Cisco curriculum is a web based CBT and it is very well done. Cisco put a lot of effort into the Cisco Network Academy. At the right school it is the best way to learn!

E.A. Broda

Hello CiscoGuy33
Glad for the extra info!I was just about to ask my former instructor if he had access to the CCNP courses.But you made it clear.
I really think that the Cisco academy course is the best study material on the market.Way much better the Cisco press Exam Certification and self study guide.Without it I don't think that I would have pass the CCNA.I saw a snapshot of the new CCNA netcad course really HOT.The students who can get that material will really be lucky.
Regards

Minue,

Does not hurt to ask your former instructor - never know who he knows or what contacts he might have :)

Only instructors that I know for sure that would have it would be those that teach in an academy that does both CCNA and CCNP - we only did CCNA :-(

Check around - you might find the classes offered for a good price or at a local college where you might be able to get a student loan to continue your CCNP studies!

Good luck!

E.A. Broda

Thanks again CiscoGuy33 !!My former Instructor does only CCNA like you.Here in Italy CCNP is big time!!Hard to know the right people.I did call an Academy in a big city.The price was good 1200US.But they told me the course isn't sought after that much,so they aren't sure,they will launch it this year.I guess I will have to go with the Cisco Exam Certification and self study guide.
Thanks Burt!!I think there's a version 4.0 as well knocking around if I can get that,I would use it as a backup study plan.But the ver 3.1 is a bit risky to study with.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back