Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco NAC Configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kydaniel

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2011
HK
Hi Experts,

I'm new to NAC.

At the moment I have some questions regarding the installation and would seek your help:

Requirements:

1. CAM and CAS are installed in Intranet

2. When PC is plugged into the network, CAS will assign an IP with minimal access(separate VLAN)

3. When PC is passed through REGISTRY check, allow use network resources(separate VLAN)

Questions:

1. Is the Ethernet1 port is required to use in CAS?

2. Can this be called in-band configuration?

3. What configuration is needed if I need to make specific LAN port in switch “route to” another VLAN?

4. Where should I set the DHCP?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Daniel

NAC isn't something you merely configure such as a switch or router. Any misconfiguration will cause serious outages and/or network loops.

I have more than a dozen NAC installs under my belt and everyone is different as it greatly varies based on the existing network.

With all do respect if you have this many questions it sounds like you need to hire a consultant with NAC experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back