Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco mobility does not work when received calls are from the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

julesbiche

Technical User
Jun 16, 2011
FR
Hello,
I am new on the forum and i'm trying to set mobility on for my cisco ip phone (7942).
It's working fine when i get internal calls but does not when i get calls from outside.
Is anyone had a problem like that or can help me with this problem ?
Thank you in advance,
Jules.

What happens to the calls from outside? Busy, ring no answer, voice mail, telco message?
Are you sure you have a DID number?

Well, it rings on the cisco ip phone but does not transfer to the mobile phone (but when i get internal call it works, it rings on both phones). And yes, i'm sur i have a DID number.
Thank you for your fast respond.

Cisco Mobility is an option where you can log in to any phone that is correctly configured and it pulls all your phone information to that phone and makes it look just like your own, so you can move from room to room and still get your personal calls, voice mail etc. What you are now describing is that you have 2 phones, one of which is a mobile phone with the same number as the main desk phone. Is that correct?
If so, you may want to start by checking to see if Route Partitions, Calling Search Space etc is all set up the same between the phones.You could have restrictions on the mobile phone.

No, when i speak about mobility, i'm not speaking about extension mobility but about Remote Destination. In fact, i want to ring a mobile phone together with (or about 2 ou 3 seconds after) a cisco ip phone. It only works when i recieve calls from inside.

Not sure if this is what you want, but check the Directory Number Configuration of the IP phone, in the Call Forward and Call Pick up area and make sure you have options for Forward Busy External and Forward No Answer External. Make them the same as the internal options.

I don't want to forward my call on different parameters but i want to ring both phones at the same time when it is activated.

Did you compare route partitions and calling search space etc on both phones?

My second phone is a mobile phone, so it doesn't have calling search space or route partition. It's not a cisco mobile phone, it's just an ordinary mobile phone.

Is this an analog wireless phone, with the base plugged in to an analog line off the system, or are you talking about a cell phone? Or what?

I'm talking about a cell phone wich has nothing to do with the system

Julesbiche is correct with his understanding of Mobility! I have it, use it and it works successfully. I think the problem may be related to calling search space - either on the Remote Device, or the Remote Device Profile. I suggest having a look at all these carefully, although, since calls originating internally work, I can't think what the problem could be.

I think you are describing Mobile Connect. The access set up for this is done through the call manager interface where you can set up the appropriate partitions. I cannot think of a way where it would restrict to just internal calls though, unless it has only been entered as your extension instead of the whole number. (ie set up as 1234 instead of 2125551234)

I just got through testing by changing the DID # from 4 digit to 10 digit and it made no difference, so that is probably not the answer ....

are you using the proper css for the subscribe calling search space under the remote destination profile?

Yes, i'm using the proper css, in fact, i even try all css i have. Nothing changed. I don't think the problem is from the css that i use because i tryed to set a cisco ip phone from internal instead of a cell phone and it still doesn't transfer when call is from external. So, i think it really depends on how the cucm interprets my call (recieved from internal or external)

Can anyone else do this in your building? I am thinking the system may be set up so that all external calls coming in cannot be sent back out by forwarding, transfer etc. This is a setting on the individual phone, but I will bet there is a system setting for that too, I don't know where it is, so hopefully someone else may be able to identify that.
The bottom line, your Mobile Connect may be set up correct, but system settings may be blocking the external to external calls.

I think that it comes from the timer i used in the remote destination but it still doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back