Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Mica Modem DTMF tones not being passed Definity G3Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damby

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
CA
Hi,

We have Cisco Mica modems configured on Cisco 3745 router. The router is connected to a G3Si system through a tie line. We are connected to the Telco through an ISDN-PRI circuit.

The modems get through to the POTS and dial OK, but when some more digits are added to the sequence (like for reaching a given extension after the call got through to the other system), they never get to the other system.

It works fine when I make one of the modem dial an extension within the company; I can hear the tones after the wait time put in the sequence. But when the call is made to a system on the POTS (through the ISDN circuit), the tones are lost.

It works OK when I use an analog modem on another port; the tones get through just fine.

It looks as if the tones were lost in the routing process, but I don't know enough about G3Si systems to know where to look for. What puzzles me is that tones are not lost when they come from an analog modem.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back