Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Linksys Wireless Router and Comcast Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

2manyerrors

Programmer
May 14, 2009
US
Hi all,
I hope someone can help me. Really stuck and not sure how to get it working. I am extremely new to network but can do basic stuff.

Here's what I have; I have a small network of 6 pcs. All windows xp machines. I also have a 4 port Comcast cable modem. Last I have a Cisco wireless linksys router that have four connections and one internet plug.
My network is set up with the Comcast router as the DHCP. It's ip is 10.1.10.1. Then it issues ips to the rest of the pcs such as 10.1.10.150 and so forth.
I'm trying to get all the computers on the same network. Originally I have 4 pcs connected to the Comcast router. Now I have 2 more pcs that I would like to add to the network but can't get the wireless router to work.

So, my current configuration is like this.
3 pcs are connected to the four port comcast router.
The Cisco linksys wireless router is connected to the comcast router now using the last port.
2 pcs are connected (hard cable)to the Cisco linksys wireless router. (Not getting internet access and cannot access files with the other pcs.)
1 pc connected (wireless) to the Cisco linksys wireless router too. (No internet access and cannot access files with the other pcs.)

Every pc that is connected to the Cisco wireless router cannot get internet access or access files from the other pcs.

I hope I am making sense or if someone can point me into the right direction to make all of the pcs to have internet access and be able to share files and be on the same network. Or just maybe a simpler way of setting this up with what I have.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back