Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Jabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshook

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
US
I have a long story and wonder if anyone has ever gone thru this. We have 2 Call Managers in our system. 1 CUCM rls 10.5 running a BE6K server is used for phone set communication, Voicemail, and IM. We have a 2nd CUCM rls 11.0 with BE7K servers and TMS video bridge. This unit is running our telehealth video system. The two call managers are on different domains. Why they are not together in the same cluster was not my decision but the telehealth director. They didn't want any chance of a user dialing a telehealth video end point by mistake. I understand that this can be done but someone at Cisco told them it might happen so they would not move. Now my problem is I have two separate CUCM and we are using Jabber for two different applications. How do we get the Jabber that we install on the desktop to give the user a choice on which system to connect to. I also am looking at the user having a jabber account for their phone and also using it for video conferencing for telehealth.. We have talked with Cisco and they said it can be done and they have put in the DNS records that should work. But it does not work correctly. Have anyone out there ever run into this or might have any ideas where I should go from here. By the way I am very new to Cisco Call manager and any help would be greatly appreciated.

At the risk of creating more work for you, could you have a jabber profile for the phone and a separate one for video conferencing? If Cisco says DNS works, they should be providing you with a document that outlines the steps on how to accomplish what you are trying to do.

IMHO - I understand WHY the telehealth director would want a separate server - it's probably for compliance but with the appropriate security it could be all one cluster (but that is not a technical problem, it's a people problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back