Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco IOS image 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

procommtech8128

Technical User
Feb 12, 2010
US
How do i get "Legally" a copy of an IOS image for my routers and switches in my home lab and CCNA studies. I have basic routers and switches but I'm just starting so don't know where to go for this. Thanks

glisboajr

No way legally other than purchasing them from Cisco, unless you or your company has a CCO account (SmartNet on one device, reseller) or if you know a CCIE---in both cases, one can get access to any IOS for free.

Illegally, but Cisco won't care---IOSHunter---Cisco won't care because only deferred releases are available this way. Cisco doesn't even offer deferred releases on their website.

If you need an IOS for CCNA studies, then you'll likely need 12.4, which is not deferred. IOSHunter MAY get you one of these...

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Burt's right. But if you can find a Cisco engineer, he/she may be able to help. Sometimes they will provide an image or two if it's only to be used in a lab for educational purposes. What's the risk in asking?

[the other] Bill

Look who awakens from the dead...how ya been, Bill?

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back