Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco duplex settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbarkerlfc

Technical User
Jul 5, 2014
GB
Hi,

I want to connect a Cisco 2950 to a 3750 via fibre. The 2950 has a GBIC module installed and I want to connect the other end to a 10/100 Mbps port on the Cisco 3750 via a SFP 10/100/1000 fibre transceiver. Will this work ? I'm sure I have hit issues with this not working in the past but I think that was using HP and Cisco kit.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

If you have a 1Gb transceiver in your 2950 patched to the fibre port of a 1Gb fibre media converter that has a 100Mb copper port patched to a copper port on your 3750 then you should get connectivity.

The main thing to watch out for will be if you send more than about 85Mbs from the 2950, then you will get congestion-related packet drops occurring on the media converter. You should shape your traffic to less than 100Mbs on output from the 2950 fibre port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back