Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco dropped calls after third ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafon2k

Technical User
Apr 6, 2002
US
Please allow me to pose a question to you:

I have a terminating gateway that is interconnecting to a Cisco gateway.

My gateway is a MC3810. It has yet to terminate any traffic though it had placed successful test calls when it was loaded with 12.0 IOS.
It is presently loaded with 12.2.7b Enterprise VOIP/VOATM IPSec56.

The problem I am having is that calls made to the MC3810 will go through. The PSTN line will ring three times and then the call is dropped instantaneously with no answer. SIP signaling was uitlized with this setup (bypassing fast start). Fast start was not functioning properly in preliminary tests.

Do you know of any typical configurations used in originating Cisco gateways that causes this behavior?

This same problem occurred while I was using a Vive gateway. Prior to this I believed that the problem was with the Vive gateway hence the change out to a Cisco box.

I am connected via marine cable over leased line IP. The phone lies are analog lines. The channel bank is a Carrier Access I with FXO cards set to loop start.

The Vive used no channel bank and was connected directly to the PSTN analog lines. Fast start was used with the Vive gateway.

I hope you might be able to point me in the right direction to solve this problem.

Thanks! ajfon2k@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back