Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco CUSC calls to Avaya aura vdn/vect - hears announcement then gets to agent and can't hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyanne06

Technical User
Jan 19, 2009
US
Hi All-
We (Avaya Aura 6.2) have recently been acquired by a company using cisco CUSC and both company's have multiple offices internationally.
We are connected by H.323 ISDN lines. Direct Avaya/Cisco extension to extension are working fine.
The problem we are having is when Cisco calls an Avaya VDN⇒vector with announcements to agent. The calls get to the agent but can't be heard in either direction. And it is intermittent.
The Avaya vector traces look the same whether the call goes through or not
vect_903_1_b3a8cm.png

vec_903_2_nrpt42.png

The only trace where I can find any difference is in the station trace--- this call could not heard either direction.
trace_station_-_no_go_ue20oy.png

I think the Cisco side had a resource availability notice also.

We (Avaya) had to update our codex set for the ip-network-region to include G.711 for the Cisco calls to hear the announcements.
codex_1_y4peqe.png

The one thing I noticed during testing was when the call went through -- ringback from the agents phone could be heard by the cisco caller. I added a " wait-time 10 sec hearing ringback" in the vector after the announcements when I noticed this. Still no luck.
I appreciate any help-- this is affecting our internal helpdesk and another site (Cisco) uses this type of setup to forward it's customer calls to another office (Avaya). We have created work a around that send the calls through POTS for the customer calls. And for our internal operations we removed all announcements and that seems to work. Neither are great fixes.
Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back