Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco connection history

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick118

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
NL
I am working with a Cisco 2600 router. There are multiple routers in the country that are connecting to this router at different times. I would like to know when these routers are connecting to mine and at what time?

With the show isdn hstory command you can only see it from the last 15 minutes i would like to see it from the last 24 hours.

I would like to do this so I know who is still using there routers and who is not. What times they connect.

I hope someone can answer this or has an idea on how to solve my problem.

Thanks for helping me

Patrick

You'll want to setup a syslog server and set your logging to it.

Baddos thank you. Can you give me some advise about a syslog server. Does windows 2000 server had one on board or should i download a free syslog server?

Thank you very much for the help

Patrick

just for information for ones who have over cisco 3600 you may use following commands.

dial-control-mib
To specify attributes for the call history table, use the dial-control-mib command in global configuration mode. To restore the default maximum size or retention time of the call history table, use the no form of this command.

dial-control-mib {max-size number | retain-timer number}
no dial-control-mib {max-size number | retain-timer number}

Syntax Description

max-size number
Specifies the maximum size of the call history table. Valid entries are from 0 to 500 table entries. A value of 0 prevents any history from being retained.

retain-timer number
Specifies the length of time, in minutes, for entries in the call history table. Valid entries are from 0 to 2,147,483,647 minutes. A value of 0 prevents any history from being retained.

Defaults

The default call history table length is 50 table entries. The default retain timer is 15 minutes.

The syslog server is a great idea and i am working with the free kiwi syslog deamon. With my cisco pix it is working great. I get all the information i need.

With the router it is a different story. I can't get it to give me all the information i want. Hardly any information. Does someone have or know where to find some good information on configuring a cisco 2600 router with logging to a syslog server.

That would be great and i promise i will share the information if it works.

The tip for now is take a look at the kiwi syslog deamon. Looks really good and the free version is enough for most people.

Patrick

logging trap debugging

Then debug whatever you want logged.

Thank you. it is working great.

I finally know who is connecting to my router and call some people up who are not doing a thing. Should be fun.

Baddos thank you very much for your help and everyone else

Patrick.
Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back