Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Concentrator or ISA 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

silks101

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
I have two options currently for setting up a new VPN solution.

we will have approx 250 users connecting via RAS the options are ISA 2004 or VPN concentrators (concurrent 150)

the setup using ISA would be two entry points one box for each - to allow some kind of resiliency. using AD to authenticate.

the Cisco VPN would be - 2 boxes - one on either entry point that we want to use - set up so that they can load balance between themselves.

Currently I favour the Cisco route - purely because I am form a Cisco background.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I am trying to decide on the best option. or if you know of another product that would be better we have an ok budget for this.

Steve Lindley
CCNA

We use the Cisco concentrator and it works great for IPSec and/or SSL VPN. I'd go that route, definitely. With that many clients, this connection will be important enough to justify a real VPN solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back