Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Client 3.6 and printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPNing

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
I have an interesting situation (actually 2)

1. I set up an internal LAN that includes a Linksys 4 port router, and an External Jet Direct for network printing. I can successfully connect via my VPN software but when connected I can not print. Once I disconnect, I can go to the Queue and resend the print jobs with no problem. Also, while connected I can't ping the print server until I disconnect from the VPN. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this?

2. Whenever I disconnect from VPN (say to print) and reconnect it does a soft reboot of my system. Is this a bug, or a feature? It is a real pain to have to deal with this. This only started a few weeks ago when I sent the machine into the office for some maintenance. :-( ))

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

The administrator of the VPN most likely has split tunneling disabled. At least this is how it works for my Nortel VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back