Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO CLI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil2

Technical User
May 20, 2007
GB
How do I return to 0x2012 configuration from 0x2142, without losing the configuration I have entered.
I can ping from the main centre router which my clocking router in my lab to the other two, but cannot ping the routers on either side of it. Is it because of the 0x2142 configuration is on my main router????

M Steele
Network+
CCENT

That setting tells the router to ignore its startup configuration, so it will boot with an empty default configuration. If you have the correct configuration stored on the router, set the configuration register back to 0x2102 and reboot.

router>en
router#conf t
router(config)#config-reg 0x2102

Burt

Hi I have changed the confreg to 0x2102, but still cannot seem to ping from my 2610 to the second 2503, the first 2503 I have has been set with the clock rate for the other two, I have IP addressed both serial links on this router.
int s0 192.168.1.1/30
int s1 192.168.2.1/30
On the 2610 I have it set
int s0/1 192.168.2.2/30
On the second 2503 it is set
int s0 192.168.1.2/30
I feel I have left out some vital configuration command, can anybody point me in the right direction please??

M Steele
Network+
CCENT

reddevil2,

The best way for us to see what is wrong is for you to post the running configs from the 3 routers!!!

Without that it is very hard to guess!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

router(config)#int s0
router(config-if)#no shut

Do this on all interfaces. Make sure that the clock rate you set is on the DCE end.
Also, if you can ping the middle router but not the end, then the "no shut" has already been entered. This would be a routing problem...

In the 2610...

router(config)#ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1

on the second 2503...

router(config)#ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

It also helps to put in a default route, but it's not necessary if you're just routing between these 3 routers and not beyond.

Burt

If I plugged the ethernet cable from my cable modem into one of my lab routers, which one would I plug into?? Would my router then not receive an IP Address from the DHCP pool at my ISP??

M Steele
Network+
CCENT

Do you have any routing setup between the routers?

Can you ping the serial interfaces of all the routers from each router?

The serial interfaces should be able to talk, if they are on the same subnet, but the ethernet interfaces would not unless routing is setup.

Also, if it were me I would plug your cable modem in your clocking router. Again just make sure routing is setup and I would set your clocking router as the null route for the other two as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back