Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco CCM transfer to avaya station the covering to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbergfeld

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2007
US
Here's the scenario.

When an avaya user calls a cisco user, i.e. the operator, and the cisco user transfers the call to a different Avaya user, who doesn't answer the phone, it then routes to voicemail. That's the point the call drops. This is also the case when a call comes in from the PSTN to the Cisco call manager.

Forwarding to an extension that doesn't answer, will fail when covering to voicemail. all the time, every time.

Just wondering if anyone has a multi-vendor environment and could test this to see if it works. I'll gladly post configs if necessary. But I want to make sure it's even possible.

There's no problem if a Cisco user picks up the phone and dials an avaya user who doesn't answer, it will route to voicemail withouth issue. It only happens when the cisco user transfers a call to an avaya user.

Avaya Definity G3 v13, CLAN and MEDPRO.
Cisco CCM 8.6
Modular Messaging 5.2

I have other Avaya IP Offices with IP trunking and haven't seen this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back