Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switch Problem. Please Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgessl1987

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2009
GB
I have a Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch at work but am having problems with it as soon as power is connected and turned on. It doesn't go into POST but as soon as the switch is turned on the SYST light just keeps flashing green and nothing else happens at all. Why is this?
Thank you for all your help in advance.

By the way this switch is not connected to any other switches at the moment. It is all by itself and the problem happens as soon as it is turned on.

Are you consoled into the switch, That light means Receiving power and booting.

20 yrs old, working towards my CCNP. Looking for a new job :)

no i am not consoled in to the switch, i can't even do that as when i use hyperterminal to connect to the switch it doesn't see it. I plug the power cable in to the switch so that it powers on and then all that happens is the SYST light flashes green. I had it on for over 30 minutes and the whole time the SYST light was flashing green and nothing else happened apart from this.

Well my advice plug back into the console port, and start at 9600 bps keep choosing the next level up while restarting the switch. also first try Holding the mode button Down too for 10 seconds that's suppose to reset the switch.
-mike

20 yrs old, working towards my CCNP. Looking for a new job :)

You need to be consoled in to see what is going on.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

IOW, we cannot help until that happens. That was not made clear, newb.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back